Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Scrapbooking Your Talents

Hello! I am thrilled to share in the creativity here at Scrap-Yourself. My post today is centered on a long love of mine: playing the violin and viola. I have wanted to scrapbook something about this dear hobby/talent of mine and I finally had an opportunity to do it (thank you Scrap-Yourself!!). 
To create this layout I blended a bit of digital and traditional elements. The photos, along with the title and botanical outline were printed using my wide-format printer. (I love that thing!) The font, called Champagne and Limousines, was found at dafont.com. The botanical element was a freebie that I found on the Internet ages ago. (Sorry I don't have the link for it.) Once I had everything printed it was time to start to really play. 
My favorite part of the scrapbooking process is getting to play with the paper and embellishments. There are just so many products out there that I want to use! To dress up my layout I used a combination of products from Studio Calico's February kit along with some supplies I had on hand. The music stamp (by Stampin' Up) went along perfectly with what I was trying to convey with the layout so I am glad I was able to incorporate it. 
After I had all my "pretties" where I wanted them, I got busy inserting my journaling. Journaling is a must when it comes to scrapbooking for me. My pages are never complete with a bit of my own words. Here is what the journaling reads:

I am so very grateful for the countless ways music has blessed my life! I started violin in 5th grade, and viola in 8th. What a wonderful journey this has been! I consider myself lucky to be the recipient of such a beautiful talent. 

Well, there you have it. And if you feel so inclined, give this a try: go and scrapbook about some of your own talents/other hobbies. I promise you won't regret it. :)



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

really a beautiful LO and what a great talent you have! :))
Love this babe! :)

allyson joy said...

such a pretty & crisp layout. my mom loves the violin,, she's very passionate about it, like you. tha ks for sharing!!
{xoxo} ally*cakes

Alia said...

Beautiful! Appealing! Fantastic! Inspires me to scrap about my prior musical abilities! :)

Cindy Gay said...

It's a great hybrid layout and I'd say you are very talented!

Kimic said...

Very beautiful layout, Taraleigh.

Unknown said...

This layout is so BEAUTIFUL!

Reflective Art Studio said...

Fresh colors.... Great LO.