Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Personal Accomplishments

Our daily work, whether inside or outside of the home, can have its ups and downs. I love my job as a teacher, and after a challenging yet rewarding school year, I decided to create a layout focusing on my positive accomplishments during my fifth year of teaching. I used a photo taken by a student of mine and journaled my accomplishments in a list below.

In the 2009-2010 school year I: *Moved up from 4th to 5th grade *Looped with 20 kids and gained 6 more *Completed a TERC project on looping *Learned a new curriculum *Survived Outdoor Ed. *Mentored a student teacher *Got a Smart Board *Completed the Smart Board class *Completed the Daily 5 class *Completed the Diversity class *Wrote a grant to have my brother perform at West *Sent my students off to middle school!


Take the time to think about the work you do each and every day. What are your personal accomplishments? Recognize your positive work and pat yourself on the back by scrapping your successes, big or small!

Thanks for stopping by!



8 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

What a great layout. I had a challenging school year too teaching English to 7th graders. Love how you focused on the positive.

Laurie (Wally) said...

Ohhh this is a great idea.. thanks for the inspiration

chalesek said...

Wow I love this Alia!!! I am a teacher too and I totally understand this!! Tough job but we are truly making a differance for years to come!!! Keep up the great work!! I love the lo too!! :)

Debbi Tehrani said...

Lovely page, Alia! That's a lot of great accomplishments in one year! I'm a fifth grade teacher, too.

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Wonderful layout. Love your journaling. Great challenge. I need to do an accomplishment l/o. Mine would be alot different being an Accountant. :)

Camila Borssoi said...

Great LO, what a cute photo take by a student. Love your challenge, it's so important we recognize our success.

María Castillo said...

HI dear Alia! I already commented this Lo at SB.com, but I have to say this again: SOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! Love all the details and, of course, I´m sure you are a very talented and creative teacher. Hugs, María

Melanie said...

Beautiful layout, Alia! I love this idea, too. We don't pat ourselves on the back often enough :)