Thursday, August 5, 2010

Scrapping the Good times and the Bad

Good Morning and welcome to my first post with "Scrap Yourself". Let me first say how excited and honored I am to be a part of this amazing team of women. Kristine never disappoints when looking for ways to inspire all aspects of scrapping. I hope that you will continue to join us in the months to come and hopefully challenge yourself to scrap about those things that make YOU, you!


Ok, now for the challenge...I did this layout with a specific challenge in mind. I was once asked to scrap about a not so particularly "good time" in my life. I have to say this was quite an emotional journey. We tend to always scrap about the joys and memorable moments that we never want to forget, but if we want to tell our story, sometimes we need to tell about the times we were faced with difficult situations or decisions. Scrapbooking is our creative outlet. It is about telling our story not only to others but for generations to come. Who would believe that life was always a "bed of roses"? So today, I want to challenge you to scrap a time in your life where things were not so "sunny". Tell about a moment of indecision, a stressful moment, or a time that really had you questioning yourself. Dig Deep!!!! Bare your soul!!! Let your family and future generations see your courage, your mistakes, your hurts!!!! Come on...I dare you!



DOUBT

To read my journaling just go to my blog.




5 comments:

Alia said...

Great LO and inspiration, Kim. I have yet to create a layout like this and think it takes great courage! Way to go, and thanks again for the inspiration!

Monique Nicole Fox said...

I did do a layout before about the bad times in a previous BOM. No one will see that scrapbook until I am long gone. Hehehe!

Great layout and great challenge.

chalesek said...

Amazing and very TRUE!!! We always remember those happy days! But the tough times help us become the Strong weomen we are today!! Love the LO Kim!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

You're so right about scrapping the not so happy times--they're a part of our history, after all. Your layout is wonderful!

Melanie said...

Kim--what a wonderful layout. You have opened your heart and story. This really inspires me. I was 18 in December of '91, too. Your post helped me to reflect back on that time in my life.