Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Letter “G”

Hi everyone,

I am thrilled and a little nervous about showing my first layout for the Scrap Yourself A-Z challenge.
When I got the letter “G” as my challenge, I knew I had to do something related to my name. For a long time, I´ve wanted to scrap about the meaning of my name and the emotional significance it has for me and my family (especially for my mother). I was named after my grandmother, who passed away when my mom was only 9 years old. She was a gorgeous lady (Miss Bolivia back here), she was loved and respected by everyone, a very hard worker and a very kind person.

When I was born, my parents decided to name me after her. In the past I´ve had mixed feelings about my name, I thought it wasn´t cool enough and that it sounded a little “oldish”…Throughout the years, I´ve learned to love my name, the meaning behind it is so powerful, and the descriptions of my name fits my personality perfectly.

If you haven’t yet, I challenge you to scrap about your name, the meaning behind it and how you feel about it.

Thanks for looking.
Have a great day!

Gloria

8 comments:

Alia said...

What a sweet photo of you Gloria! And a fabulous idea to document the story behind your name. Gloria is a beautiful name for a beautiful girl, just like you! I am very eager now to make my own page about how I got my name. Great inspiration! :)

chalesek said...

Oh Glo I love this!!! So sweet and your name is beauitful!!!

Cindy Gay said...

It's a beautiful name and layout. . . also a beautiful lady here! My last name starts with a "G". DS Greg has 3 "G's" in his name......Have a good week.

Myia Shantrice said...

Such a fresh and cute layout! Beautiful photo!

Reflective Art Studio said...

Gloria.... I had so much fun reading about your Name... Funny how we will all get to know each other. Thank you for sharing, your work is gorgeous.

Tia said...

Gloria that is a great idea. You have a beautiful name and I love learning new things about everyone, so fun. Thanks for sharing.

yuko said...

It'S a greate work!!!
I think your name is beauteful.
Thank you for sharing!

Diana said...

What a great idea for a LO! You rocked it!