Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Letter V- our Vegie Patch


My daughter has a kitchen - garden program at her school in which they grow produce which they then cook with and they even sell seedlings and produce at a local farmers market. She is my inspiration for growing our own herbs and vegies in our little patch. Each season she teaches me something new, last week she told me to plant tomato seedling half way up their stem so as not to disrupt their small root system - who knew that I would learn so much off my child?

We have just picked the last of our broad beans, and are looking forward to what the summer season will bring.

I chose October Afternoon papers for this Layout, I love the bright colours.

How does your garden grow?

Happy scrapping,

Kathleen


4 comments:

Alia said...

This is so creative and unique! You used the OA papers wonderfully.

Cindy Gay said...

This is very clever and she must be a lovely gal too!

Gloria said...

What a fun page, I love the page design, you did an amazing job! Thanks for the inspiration

Reflective Art Studio said...

I really like the tree and the hand painted background.