Friday, January 28, 2011

Celebrate Your Culture


Hi Everyone!

Here in the land of Oz, we have just celebrated Australia day, which is a public holiday in which we enjoy everything Australian...

Normally we celebrate with family and friends, have a bbq, go down to the beach, eat lots of pavlova and lamingtons and enjoy the fireworks. Could you ask for a more enjoyable day?

This is a pic we took on Wednesday, my kids loved the fake "tattoos" of our flag on their faces, and feet.

Some things that make me very Australian are: I love vegemite! - on my toast, with cheese on crackers,or even by itself...... We love the beach, we often find Kangaroo's and wallabies in the bush when we go on day trips, I live in thongs ( on my feet :) , we eat nothing but bbq's for dinner in summer and my favourite dessert is pavlova!

This is one of our favourite holidays, why not dedicate a page to yours?

Happy Scrapping!

Kathleen

3 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

It's a darling photo and I love the layers of red, white & blue. Happy Australia Day!

Lizzyc said...

aussie aussie aussie!!! oi! oi! oi! xxx

Alia said...

Thanks so much for sharing this special day with us! I love learning about the traditions and lifestyles of other countries and cultures. This is cheerful and cute!